Maybe you aren’t sure what it means to believe in the Lord Jesus and become a follower of Christ. We invite you to come, listen, and ask questions about who Jesus really is and what His Word reveals. The Bible teaches that:
1. Because we are all sinners, we are all guilty before a holy God. We will all die and face judgement — unless we believe in Jesus Christ and receive eternal life.
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”
2. The only way to be saved from the punishment we deserve and receive eternal life is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. All who do not are currently under God’s wrath.
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
3. There is nothing we can do to escape God’s wrath — except to turn from our sin to the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and accept His gift of salvation.
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;”
4. As we put faith in Jesus Christ our sin is credited to His account, and His righteousness is credited to our account, so that we are no longer under God’s condemnation, but are at peace with God.
“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
(II Corinthians 5:21)
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:”
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
5. You can become God’s child and receive His gift of salvation by confessing your sin to God and professing the Lordship of Jesus Christ—believing that He died in your place to pay the price of your sin, and rose again from dead to be your Savior.
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”